Mission in Japan

What a week!

After many months of praying about the future and waiting to hear back after applying to serve with Youth With A Mission in Tokyo, I finally heard back. Last Thursday I was informed that YWAM would like me to join them! Praise God!!

I also received my results from university on Saturday. They would like to award me with a 2:1 degree in computer studies! Now I must wait until July to be able to wear a flat hat and cape. Awesome. I will feel special indeed.


Okay, so the plan is to join YWAM Tokyo in September where I will focus on Japanese language and culture training as well as spending time reaching out to young people in order to make Christ known. I’ll be involved in the setting up and running of various events such as worship nights, a coffee shop, English lessons, art lessons, music and dance lessons and Bible studies, as well as meeting Japanese students and building links between them and the church. I will also have an opportunity to use skills I gained on my University course by working on their Internet presence, something they have been praying for! I will be looking at staying with them for a minimum of four years.

I have just applied for a Religious Workers Visa, so if all goes smoothly, I should have that towards the end of August! 

YWAM have recommended that I raise around £700 per month in order to serve with them in Tokyo, one of the most expensive places to live in the world. This large sum covers accommodation, utilities, food, health insurance, phone, Internet and travel within Tokyo. I would also need money for the flight there and money for Japanese language lessons. Due to current exchange rates, this expense makes life hard for all missionaries in Japan, especially Tokyo. But money has never and will never be a barrier for God, though it does cause much stress for missionaries!

Why does Japan need missionaries? After all, Japan is an advanced country! I will make a new post with a few reasons why Japan is in serious need of Jesus' love. Maybe you will be surprised.

I would like to invite you to join with me in reaching Japan for Christ. When we pray God works! Join with me in praying for this great nation, that millions of people will become our brothers and sisters and come to know God’s amazing love. May I also be so bold as to ask that you prayerfully consider financially supporting this exciting work? With your support, we can help build and strengthen the church in Japan in ways you, nor I, could imagine! With God, anything is possible.

If you would like to partner with me in this work, please let me know! I’m looking forward to speaking with you further! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outreach on the Streets of Tokyo

First Week in Japan

Japan Update: Winter 2014-15