November 2011 Update

Hey there! I can’t believe it’s December already! It’s finally gotten cold here in Tokyo, though still not as cold as the UK! This week I’m frantically packing and getting bits and pieces done here before I come over there! So I haven’t got much time to write this! But hopefully I’ll be able to see a lot of you soon and share what’s been happening in person! Here’s what has happened in November:


------------
IT’S LIVE!

Finally, the website is live!

This month I focused a lot of time on the website in order to get it finished before Christmas holiday. And it’s finally done! We also switched web and domain server too which caused many small problems, but they were all overcome in the end! I also set up every YWAM missionary at the base with their own email account! Anyway, you can find the website at ywamtokyo.org. There you will find information on all that we do and also apply for the next training school or as a long term missionary online! I wish they had this set up when I was applying... We’ll be updating it with more information soon and also more videos and images. I’ve also set up YWAM Tokyo on the major social networks too so we can connect with supporters easily:

plus.google.com/102709335742928798423
twitter.com/ywamtokyo
facebook.com/ywamtokyo


------------
PARTY TIME!

Parties as a new style of church.

Again, this month I have been working with Cornerstone church, the new church plant, as part of the core leadership team. The church keeps on growing, with new people coming every week! Praise God! We are also seeing a good number of regular people that have been increasingly getting involved with the running of the main worship service every Saturday night. We have created an environment where everyone can feel totally comfortable getting involved in the church and people are encouraged to lead worship if they are able, or lead prayers, or share testimony, or preach. The structure is very flexible and may seem really messy at times, but God is doing amazing things! This month was the start of biweekly Friday night parties too. A time of hanging out, eating together, listening to live music and playing games! A great chance to invite not-yet-Christian friends and family just so they can have a good time around good people and hopefully feel comfortable with the people enough to come to a mid-week Bible study or the worship service. The first one was really fun and we saw a lot of people come and the next one is this Friday! Though I’ll be on a plane and will miss it! I’ll be sure to get an email about it and I’ll let you know if I see you next week.


------------
NEW HOME?

Moving or not to move, that is the question.

As I keep saying, we have been praying a lot about a new, bigger place to move into that is more in the centre of Tokyo. And we believe God will provide it! We really do. But still no news. Even so, we are all packing our things and getting ready to move! This week I will have to pack for the UK, and everything else I’ll need to pack so that people can move me if God provides the place during December! Madness. I’ll let you know how that goes as always!


------------
OTHER STUFF

Other than that, the usual has been happening! Still working on the online aspect of Cornerstone, we’ve been going on to the streets in order to pray for people and pass out Manga Messiahs and some of the team have been going into universities to hang out with students and lead Bible studies, as well as leading youth groups too. Sorry I can’t write much as I want to get this out to you ASAP and I have to leave now for a Bible study! See you soon hopefully!


------------
PRAYER POINTS
Thank God for blessing me with a UK trip this week!
Thank God for helping us get the website online.
Thank God for all of the people coming to the new church.
That he will give me the energy and words to share with you what God has been doing this past year over here, while I have jet-lag! (Especially at Argyle this Sunday!)
That he will do a miracle and provide us with a new building so I can come back to a bigger house at the end of the month!


Thank for so much for taking the time to read this newsletter! Please let me know things you would like prayer for and also if you have your own newsletter or other updates, please send them to me! Take care and I really do hope to see many of you soon!

Gary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week in Japan

Outreach on the Streets of Tokyo

Japan Update: July 2012