Japan Update: August 2012

It's that time again already! I hope you are well as you read this and that you have had a good August! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this update and for supporting me in what I'm doing over here in Tokyo. You are a part of this work! Please ask me questions at any time to know more. Here is what happened this past month.

DTS

At the beginning of August, the DTS students went away to Tohoku (the location of the tsunami last year) to do clean up and rebuild work. This was their last outreach for the DTS and it went really well! They all enjoyed coming along side the local people and hearing their stories and helping them in practical ways to show God's love.

When they got back from outreach, we had a two more lecture weeks. The first was given by a Messianic Jewish Rabbi and he spoke about Times and Seasons and gave a lot of cultural insight into a lot of well known Old and New Testament passages. I found it to be one of the best lecture weeks this year! Was so amazing to read things from a Jewish perspective. I am now even more hungry to study the Bible, particularly the Old Testament! The second lecture week was all about returning home. This was to help the students go back home to friends and family after spending this much time in a Christian community. They have all grown so much so it will be hard for them! But that final week gave the students some practical things they can do and also gave them a lot of time to process everything and what their next steps are.

On 20 August, the DTS students graduated from this year's YWAM Tokyo DTS! It was a fun night! But it was a bit weird to say goodbye to everyone after spending so much time with them. They all did a great job this summer and I wish them all well in their next steps with God!

We have all been on a break for a week, and we have another week of break before starting back for a new season without the DTS students! I've been having a really good time of rest and I'm looking forward to what is coming next! 

Moving House

After the students left YWAM accommodation, I was able to move into the guys house and unpack my case after 5 months of living in various people's homes! It feels so good to finally have my own space and be reunited with all of my belongings. I live in a part of Tokyo called Edogawabashi and I'm right near the metro rail station which has convenient access to all of Tokyo. I currently share the house with 8 other guys, and share a bedroom with 2 of them. And we have air conditioning/heating in our rooms! Such a huge blessing!! 

Cornerstone

This past week, Cornerstone moved location from near Ikebukuro station, to near Yoyogi station. This is a 10 minute walk from Shinjuku station, which is the busiest station in Japan. The building that we meet at now is less expensive, a little larger, and a little brighter! We rent a room in a music studio so it is a good place to worship with music! Other than that, Cornerstone has been continuing to grow! I am hoping to become more involved at the church now that DTS is ended.

PRAYER POINTS

  • Thank God for all of the DTS graduates and that He will guide their next steps
  • That God will guide the YWAM Tokyo base as we move into the next season
  • Thank God for providing me with places to live up to this point, and for this house!
  • Thank God for the new location for Cornerstone
  • Thank God for the financial and prayer support that allows me to be here in Japan!!
  • That God will continue to speak to me about the future
Thank for again for taking the time to read this update!! Please get in touch if you'd like to say hello! Take care and enjoy the start to Autumn!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week in Japan

Outreach on the Streets of Tokyo

Japan Update: Winter 2014-15